Place Category: Outdoor Activities
Gore Glen is set in the heart of Midlothian’s countryside on the banks of the Gore Water and River South Esk, below the Village of Gorebridge.
You may enjoy panoramic views towards the Pentland Hills, take a stroll around 2 miles of wooded path network or enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the former ‘Gunpowder Glen’.
Facilities and Events
- Free car parking: a vehicle height restriction of 2.2 m applies.
- Site leaflet.
- Whin pathways to woodlands, riverside and ponds.
- Path links to Gorebridge and Arniston Estate.
- Described walk in ‘Explore Midlothian’ walks guide.
- Special events and activities organised the Ranger Service.
- Free resource boxes are available to all, from the Ranger Service, full of useful equipment to pond dip, mini beast hunt or to explore the nature of the site.
- Free curricular based environmental education activities for schools and groups lead and organised by the Ranger Service.